Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting Called Out!!

As you can imagine we spent many many nights at church growing up. As we have stated, mom kept us on the 2nd pew. I remember one night at a revival, in some town, in some state, (who can keep them straight at this point!!) Mom was sick and couldn't come to church. She sent dressed us all in our matching dresses, and we took our seats in the expected 2nd pew. I remember this night very well because as daddy was preaching that night us 3 little girls must have been cutting up pretty good. With mom not there to give us the occasional "shhhh" or pinch when we needed it, or pop on the back of the head (Mom, was famous for this she would reach over and pop each one of us in the back of the head POP- POP- POP as needed. Then just keep on worshiping, never miss a beat.)  things must have gotten out of hand pretty bad. I just remember us writing, laughing, talking and all the sudden #4 was lifted in the air and gone, Dad was moving her to the front row on the opposite side of the sanctuary. I looked up and about that time Dad lifted me up and put me on the front row of the section we were sitting on. #2 stayed on the 2nd row we were originally sitting on. The great part was Dad never stopped preaching, he never broke his train of thought, wasn't distracted, never lost his anointing.  I will say, I don't think I took a deep breath the rest of the service, I didn't know what was going to go down when we got back to the motor home. 

It's always fun when you are the preacher's kid and your sitting in a service not really paying attention till you hear your name and it's followed by "go sit with your mother". The few times that has happened. I knew that I might as well get ready, the storm was coming when we got home!!

I am so glad that when God called mom and dad they didn’t answer with “we have young kids we can’t go on the evangelistic field full time”. They just picked up and went. Dad didn’t cancel a service cause mom was sick and couldn’t take care of us during church, he just preached, and moved us as necessary, cause we were busy being kids. Sometimes people let the littlest things get in the way of doing what God calls them to do. If God asks you to do something, He knows what you have on your plate, and he obviously thinks you could do it or he wouldn’t ask you to do it. So I encourage you to pick up and go like mom and dad did, no matter what obstacles you think might be in your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment